Colin T. Ferguson
Real Estate Attorney, Dickinson Wright
Colin T. Ferguson provides counsel to business entities and individuals in corporate, real estate and financing transactions. His clients range from startups to higher education institutions and publicly-traded companies. Colin regularly advises on:
- The acquisition, sale, leasing and development of retail, industrial, office, medical, multifamily residential and mixed-use real property, including pre- and post-license legalized cannabis industry properties;
- Commercial loan transactions involving diverse collateral packages, especially those related to distressed and turnaround lending;
- All phases of the loan workout process, including transaction resolutions and judicial and non-judicial enforcement actions;
- Entity governance documents, such as bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and buy-sell agreements;
- Business and corporate planning, including business formation, corporate governance, and dissolution issues for all entity types;
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships, especially in the healthcare and legalized cannabis industries;
- Sales and purchases of stock, membership interests, and partnership interests, especially for private equity and family office clients; and
- Private offering issues, offering memorandums, required SEC filings, and compliance with blue sky laws.
Colin is a board member and secretary of FUTURO, Inc., (www.futuroisnow.com) a nonprofit organization that provides professional and leadership development services for Latinx college students in Tennessee and Kentucky. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the National Association of Industrial and Office Professionals (NAIOP), and the Urban Land Institute (ULI).